- Reference: ID/MD01-10032
- Location: Avon, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cleveland, Cornwall, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, East Sussex, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Merseyside, Middlesex, Midlands, Norfolk, North Humberside, North Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Scotland, Shropshire, Somerset, South East, South Humberside, South West, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Wales, West Midlands, West Sussex
- Salary: Negotiable rates
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Educational Psychology
- Contact: Miles Davis
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01732 897 670
Psychology people are a specialist recruitment consultancy in the area of Psychology.
We are currently recruiting on behalf a number of clients within Local Authorities (LA) across the UK who are seeking experienced Educational Psychologists on Locum contracts. Contract lengths range from 2 – 6 Months.
The assignments are to deliver the full range of EP duties: consultation, assessment, intervention, training and research; across the 0-19 age range and across the continuum of need; within an area team of educational psychologists.
Locum EP’s will be expected to provide educational psychologist advice that meets professional quality assurance standards in a range of statutory and non-statutory work. You will also provide educational psychology services in line with our client’s service policy.
You will have experience of carrying out assessments and provide specialist psychological advice; develop plans to address identified needs; and co-ordinate support packages as necessary for children and young people whose special educational needs (SEN) are subject to statutory assessment, who have a statement of SEN or who the local health authority has identified may have SEN.
To provide advice to schools, parents/carers and our clients (The LA) on when it is appropriate to initiate a statutory assessment of SEN.
Prospective candidates would require;
- Eligibility for Graduate Registration with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- A Doctorate or Master’s degree in Educational Psychology (professional qualification)
- HCPC registration
- Recent, relevant in-service professional development
- Detailed understanding and awareness of relevant SEN legislation
Locum EP’s will be required to travel throughout a client’s geographic area; therefore a valid driving licence, and car user would be required.
Remuneration is paid on either an Hourly or Daily rate paid as a minimum commensurate with Soulbury pay scales for EP’s.
Psychology People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable adults within its clients care, and expects all contracted Locums supplied by Psychology People to share this commitment.