Principal Educational Psychologist
- Reference: T1/MD01/10168
- Location: London
- Salary: Up to £56,937 pa plus £1,976 pa outer London weighting allowance plus up to 3 SPA points
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Sector: Educational Psychology
- Contact: Miles Davis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0208 249 6454
Our client is a Local Authority in North East London who are seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced Principal Educational Psychologist to lead its Educational Psychology service.
• provide leadership and management of the Educational Psychology service, working with schools and education settings to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability(SEND) and their families
• have oversight of the Local Authority’s identification, referral, and assessment functions for children with special educational needs and disability from birth to 25
• be a member of the wider Access and Inclusion Management team and the SEND Partnership Board
• lead projects to support implementation of the SEND strategic plan.
Our clients Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is highly respected and works closely with schools and education settings in all aspects of their work with children and young people with SEND. The Principal EP is Chair of the Education, Health and Care Panel and plays a vital role in decision making for individual children and young people.
We are seeking a candidate who:
• is HCPC Registered
• has a Psychology at degree level and Educational Psychology Professional Qualification at Master or Doctorate level
• has experience within a Local Authority setting
• has experience of budgetary and staff management
• can work flexibly in a team environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful SEND service with a commitment to working with partners to secure continuous improvement to ensure children and young people with SEND achieve the best outcomes possible.
For informal discussion, please contact Miles Davis, Managing Director, Psychology People on 0208 249 6454