Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Reference: T1/MD01/10191
- Location: Bedfordshire
- Salary: £475.00 - £500.00 per day PAYE or Sole Trader
- Job Type: Full-time, Locum
- Sector: Senior Educational Psychologist
- Contact: Miles Davis
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0208 249 6454
Psychology People are the UK’s leading provider of Educational Psychology Recruitment and Outsorcing Solutions to Local Authorities, Schools and Charities
We are recruiting for a Senior Specialist Educational Psychologist for Autism for a 12 month contract to join a forward-thinking Local Authority EP service that is changing in response to the unique challenges within the borough, including a rapidly growing school population and an expanding new schools programme.
They are passionate about applying psychology to improve outcomes for children and young people and are involved in a number of initiatives to promote early intervention and preventative work in schools. These include training for schools in Living Life to the Full life skills and resilience programmes, developing guidance to prevent emotionally based school non-attendance and trialing a language intervention approach for young children.
In addition to contributing to statutory and other core work, this new specialist post will contribute to developments to support children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, particularly those who are higher functioning and who experience challenges in their educational settings.
- Provide psychological advice to staff within Children and Families and other agencies, including working closely with colleagues in other SEND teams.
- Provide a psychological perspective for SEND panel processes to assist in decision making and efficient use of resources.
- Maintain leading edge knowledge and understanding of the area of Educational Psychology Service’s responsibility including contributing effective data analysis to review performance and to plan for improvement.
- Ensure that relevant national and local Performance Indicator targets are met, particularly with regard to the statutory assessment process.
- Contribute to Local Area SEND Inspection processes as required.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Good Honours degree in Psychology or equivalent Master’s degree
- Qualified teacher status or experience working with children that has been recognised by a Doctorate in Educational Psychology training course
- Post Graduate qualification in Educational Psychology recognised by the BPS
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Experience in the application of professional and technical knowledge and skills, including minimum of two years’ experience as an educational psychologist
- High level of professional competence as an educational psychologist
- Knowledge of recent legislation related to children
- Expertise in an appropriate specialist area including managing projects and educational research
- Ability to set priorities, manage work load and meet deadlines
- Excellent relationships with professionals, and with children and young people and their families
- Collaborative work with colleagues and Trainee Educational Psychologists, either through supervision or joint activities
- Commitment to professional codes of ethics and conduct relating to Educational Psychology practice
- Knowledge of psychological theory and evidence based practice to inform recommendation to clients
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills in consultation and research
- Ability to deliver training and implement initiatives to settings and others.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and values diversity
Departmental Benefits of this Role
- Agile working opportunities with designated laptop and iPad
- Team access to new Q-Interactive electronic assessment materials
- High quality administrative support
- Team commitment to CPD, including regular professional development mornings
- Supportive and friendly team
- Regular supervision and line management
- Highly regarded service: in recent evaluation 100% settings would recommend commissioned EPS to other schools and 80% reported improved outcomes for children and young people
If you are an experienced Senior Educational Psychologist specialising in Autism, they wew ould like to hear from you.